Monday, May 10, 2010

Have a Little Faith

As I continue to write this blog, I realize I must have a little faith.
I was in a scrapbook store last week called Scrapbook Island in San Jose. I had never been there and saw (and bought) so many papers I had not seen yet. The colors are gorgeous and prompted this little collage.
The message is to myself as I embark on the next phase of my book...Collage Couture, by Northlight books, due out May 2011, new workshops this summer and coming up with new ideas with my art. I've been in a bit of a slump lately and the colors of all these papers sort of woke me up last weekend. I ended up making three new collages using this color scheme. They all look like sisters so I shall call them the Tree Sisters series. I continue to be insspired with these colors as I work on some vintage embroidery pieces to be made into kits eventually.

2 comments:

  1. oooh! i love the idea of your vintage embroidery pieces being made into kits! the colors in this piece are amazing and i can see how they'd be inspiring. is everything cut by hand? that chandelier is SO intricate and i just adore her stockings. well really, i think, i just adore everything in this piece.

    xoxo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,

    I have so much faith in you! I love this piece and the meaning of the very word and the color palette. Im always here to support you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete