Friday, September 3, 2010

Saving Lives


I know it's silly, but it's tradition. A lot of our vacations have been to Utah or Canada, winter and summer. Since our son was little we have gone on outings looking for moose. And so the tradition continues. In Park City this week, my husband and I decided to take a couple of days to look for the moose. Our first day took us to a beautiful area a bit too perfect. We spotted many men and even a couple of ladies dressed in their hunting gear. Helloooo ladies, aren't we the sensitive ones? Did you not cry during Bambi!! Anyway, on this particular gorgeous drive, we did not see any mooses. I actually get a stiff neck from looking out the window searching thru all the trees! We did see many, many deer families near the road feeding. We knew we had hunters behind us, so with every deer we saw we stopped and yelled run! out the window. We made an adventure of it, silly I know, but fun. But seriously, how could anyone hunt these beautiful creatures? It's the end of the week now and we did not see one moose. We've only seen 2 before and they were both here. So much for the moose hunt...I'm off on  the shopping hunt on my last day.

2 comments:

  1. i agree! my dad, who used to deer hunt, told me he helped keep the population down and it actually HELPED the deer. WHAT? sorry. no. i don't buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog ... love it. This post makes my heart sing ... thank you for yelling "run"!

    ReplyDelete