Wednesday, March 2, 2011

OOps!



Do you all remember the brides I did last year? Well yes, one of those brides has a pregnant friend who loved the art so I was asked to create a preggy girl for her friend. This piece was so much fun because I never met the girl and have only seen a picture of her. She's a Colorado girl, outdoorsy, hikey, mountainy, not girly at all. Not girly? Gasp! How to cope with that one? She has the most beautiful head of thick curly red hair. that combined with some outdoorsy colors was my inspiration. I absolutely loved the way she turned out and decided to name this piece Baby Bump. Now the fun little finale of this story....as I was finishing this, the bride called me and told me she was pregnant! Hmmmm, do I see another preggy piece happening?

6 comments:

  1. You made it feminine without being too girly. Love it. Especially with the red hair!
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work. So Creative...and pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that! and yes, the preggers girl is next i hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you personalize the pieces to the personalities of the people. Your pieces are always wonderful to look at and a real inspiration. - Deanna

    ReplyDelete