Friday, April 1, 2011

Could it Be?



It has been a most dreadful, stressful week. One of those weeks where nothing goes right from pressing the start button on a copy machine that won't make 900 copies to bill mix-ups that require being put on hold with at&t for an eternity! More car issues, our dog of 15 years getting ready to leave us, yep, it's been one of those weeks, where you really have to press into that inner being for the positveness and the learning and growing experiences that come from one of those weeks!   
And then.....
I come home from a morning of madness to find a lump under the doormat.
Is it? Could it be? It is!!!!


It's my book! two copies of my.....MY book. Collage Couture. I ate my lunch really, really fast and then sat down and savored the pages...one by one. Every page, prettier than the last.Then it dawns on me. It's not just MY book. It's a whole team of creatives...editors, photographers, and designers that translated my words, feelings and art into this beautiful little book. This book just really captured exactly what I wanted it to. It's whimsical, girly and I hope inspiring. The photos are nothing short of stunning. The design IS me and yet I had nothing to do with the design. Northlight Books is just a giant group of the most talented, creative people, who after spending a week with me captured my spirit into 128 pages of pure bliss.

Collage Couture

20 comments:

  1. Oooh, it looks so PRETTY! Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get mine!!! You must feel so awesome right now!!! Good for you sweetie!!! You deserve it!!! Hope its sells MILLIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good one!! Congratulations! Sorry about your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Julie!
    I was going to pre-order but I want a
    signed copy girlfriend!
    Did you have your signing at Zinnia
    yet?
    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have to let me know where I can get it. And when is it released? I MUST have this book.

    And how do I get my copy signed? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, congratulations!!!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, how wonderful! Of course I want one, but it has to be signed by YOU! Will you get any to send out with your signature? I don't think I can make it to CA for a book signing, LOL.
    Anyway.....best wishes and I'll be telling all my artsy friends to get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When's the book signing! Congratulations friend! You are so deserving! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Julie! It looks beautiful... I of course want a signed copy just like the rest of the Keys group! We are all whiners, can you tell? So do tell us how to get one as soon as we can! Can't wait to see it! I, too, will spread the word and tell all my friends about it and YOU! Congratulations, Think positive! "It WILL see millions!!!"
    Marita Kovalik

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Eileen! I want one signed by YOU!!!Please???
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!Awesome awesome awesome!!!
    Xo sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Julie! As usual, I'm jumping on the bandwagon of admirers wishing you continued success and hoping to find out how I can get an autographed copy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great! I can't wait to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie I am SO THRILLED for you !

    Your labor of love and the amazing team of talent at Northlight Books have created a jewel of bound inspiration and girly girl fun for all ages.
    LoVed the sneak peak at the beautifully styled pages and your creative writing encouraging the reader to be playful and imaginative !
    Thank you for sharing the delicious tidbit.

    So girlfriend, what's it like floating on cloud 9 ?
    XoX p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratualtions! How exciting!
    Blessings,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want one ..... want it want it want it......

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Julie- Once again we completely mirror each other. :) I had the exact same thought when I first read my book. The staff at North Light does an incredible job of personifying the artist/author in every page of their book. I am SO EXCITED for you!!! The book looks gorgeous! Definitely gonna have to get myself one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you love your book! It was great to be your editor and work with you on this project. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Julie,
    I have loved your art work that was featured in the Somerset magazines and I am looking forward to your book.

    When does it release? Amazon doesn't show a date yet.

    Cheers,
    Amisha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your book, from what I can see it looks so colorful. Great work Julie!. Ciao Rita

    ReplyDelete