Monday, February 23, 2015

The Red Carpet




Jennifer
Gwyneth

Lara

Kate



One of my favorite nights of the year! Ok, I admit it I love to watch the Oscars. Who doesn't? I love to see all the beautiful gowns, imagining all the work that must go into one single dress. Seed beads, crystals, pearls, and lace means a lot of hand stitching. I definitely had favorites this year and each one was so different from each other. I think my favorites were the 2 with the turquoise colored necklaces...Kate Blanchett and Lara Spencer's dresses were of the simplest of lines, fitting beautifully and topped off with bold bib necklaces. I liked Gwyneth's dress a lot even though it was criticized greatly in the press. Perhaps it's because I work with a company that produces flower embellishments and I knew I just had to recreate that dress on a paper doll. Who couldn't appreciate THE dress of the night? Jennifer Lopez was exquisite in that dress no matter what the opinion  was of the neckline.
 
I couldn't wait to use my new Marisol stamp from Prima Marketing to show you the versatility of this stamp. For all of you that like to alter the clothes, this ones for you! I used my watercolor pencils for Jennifer's dress in a nude, peachy shade and piled on tiny sequins for the beads. I used scrapbook paper for the others, hoping to capture the colors the best I could. Kate's necklace was fun to make, just layering different shades and sizes of rhinestones. I even altered the hair since ponytails seemed to be the style of the night.
 
This stamp was made for all the DYI stampers out there. I hope you have as much fun with her as I do.

13 comments:

  1. These are all so well done. Great job with casing those lovely dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all Julie. One question, how did you switch the position of the doll? Im baffled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happened when I was editing the photos and didn't realize it at the time. Thanks, Tereese!

      Delete
  3. OMH, these are absolutely fabulous!!! I just got my Marisol stamps so can't wait to play. So are you doing Adam next...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stunning Julie, love your creativity! Would love to see your take on the amazing gown that Lupita Nyong'o was wearing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! They are all so gorgeous and so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Marisol is on her way. Hope I can make her as stunning as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there,
    I love your stamps and I was wondering if you could let me know where I can purchase them. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanni, they are available thru most scrapbooking stores as well as the big online retailers such as Blue Moon scrapbooking and Scapbook.com

      Delete
  8. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your Primas...and have been "playing" with Marisol. LOVE these gorgeous red carpet designs. I actually am working on one with a beautiful jaguar print; can't wait to put it together...but first things first - Christmas gifts, cards, wrapping, etc. Thank you for your awesome FUN stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was recently introduced to your line of stamps. I must say, I am now HOOKED. There's so much to do with them. I'm looking forward to enjoying these stamps for years to come.

    ReplyDelete