Wednesday, January 3, 2018

As a follow up to my last post, thank you all for your kind words and well wishes. I appreciate your thoughts so much.

With loss and sadness, we sometimes find such joy in the little things. We were blessed to spend a week over the holidays with my 4 and 6 year old grand niece and nephew. Such little characters they have grown into. You all met Rylee, the 4 year old from the tag I made in her image just a few weeks ago. She is a feisty, head strong little thing, and a master manipulator. In contrast her older brother is the sweetest, sensitive, most caring little human ever. Don't get me wrong, she has her sweet moments too! He received the cutest stuffed octopus from his aunt for Christmas and he was ever so happy to share it with me. Rylee on the other hand, did not want me to have it. I'm not sure if she was protecting her brother's property or if she just wanted to be in control of the situation. She hid it from me all of Christmas day and it became a game with us.

I was obsessed with that cute little octopus so much that it inspired me to come home and pick up my crochet needle once again. Now I seem to have this love-hate relationship with crocheting. I want to make the most beautiful things but it's a craft I just can't seem to master. There is too much concentration and counting involved. There is no winging it. So sat down I did and started the little body over at least 5 times before I was satisfied. I think I did pretty good this time with few mistakes!

So meet Octavia, the coral colored octopus with a giant bow on her head. The fabrics are from my new mermaid collection from my soon to be opened Spoonflower shop. Yes, sometimes it's the little things that get you through difficult times.

Octavia


Rylee








4 comments:

  1. Love the fabric!!!!! l can't crochet, Mom tried, but she was right handed and l am left-handed and she was a taskmaker! LOL!
    Maria Chavez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. Glad you are over the flu. Looking forward to some sneak peeks of new Julie Nutting creations for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler is so cute!!! I love paper dolls!! I'm going to make a few dolls for my great niece. Hello from So. Cal...Los ÁngelesπŸ’œπŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your octopus Julie. I often wonder what you are doing & if you'll go back to writing another book? I guess I know now & look forward to getting some of your fabric. Good luck with whatever you do in future. I can recommend retirement!
    Norma in Australia

    ReplyDelete